The main roles of the Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly are to:
- Implement the appropriate Regional Planning Guidelines operational within its geographical area.
- Prepare, adopt and implement the Regional Spatial and Economic Strategies.
- Ensure consistency with RPG/RESES in relation to the Local Economic and Community Plans of the 12 constituent Local Authorities.
- Participate on EU operational programme monitoring committees.
- Identify, participate and co-ordinate certain EU projects.
- Support the national delegation to the Committee of the regions.
- Support the work of the National Oversight and Audit Commission.
For further details on the Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly see our Corporate Plan 2015-2020 below: