Freedom of Information Act 2014
The act gives you the legal right to:
- access information held by public bodies
- have official information relating to you amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- be informed of reasons for decisions that affect them
FOI Publication Scheme
Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act. This allows for the publication or giving of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or giving of access is not prohibited by law. The scheme commits FOI bodies to making information available as part of their normal business activities in accordance with this scheme.
The FOI Publication Scheme contains information about EMRA under the following six headings:
- Information about the FOI Body.
- Functions and Public Services provided or to be provided.
- Decision making procedures.
- Financial Information.
- FOI Disclosure Log and Other Information.
Making an FOI Request:
If you are unable to source the information within the scheme you or from our website, you may apply to obtain the information under the FOI Act
How to make an application for information under FOI:
Please send your request to:
Freedom of Information Officer, Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly, 3rd Floor, Ballymun Civic Offices, Ballymun, Dublin 9.
What to include:
In order for a request for information/records to comply with the requirements of the FOI Acts and to enable the request to be dealt with as efficiently as possible:
- Your application should be in writing.
- Your application should also indicate that the information is sought under the Freedom of Information Acts
- You should indicate if information is required in a particular form, e.g. photocopy, computer disk, etc
- You should give as much detail as possible to enable us to identify the record/s. If you have difficulty in identifying the precise records we will be happy to assist you in preparing your request;
- You may be required to prove your identity, especially when requesting personal information you may, therefore, be asked to produce your passport, driving licence or other form of identification.
- You should include a daytime telephone number so that you can be contacted if it is necessary to clarify details of your request
- You should pay the prescribed fee (for Internal Review ) by cheque or bank draft made payable to the EMRA
We are obliged to respond to your request within four weeks.
FOI Disclosure Log – link
Corporate Plan 2015-2020 – link